Emergency Care and Specialty Referrals
If we determine your pet would benefit from specialty or alternative care, the team at East River Veterinary Hospital will refer you to one of our partner hospitals for appropriate treatment.
Specialty & Alternative Care
Monroe Veterinary Associates (MVA) has developed an extensive network of hospitals to provide general wellness, emergency, and advanced specialty services. MVA now includes:
- 14 full-service veterinary hospitals
- A 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital staffed by emergency clinicians and board-certified specialists
- A full-service diagnostic laboratory
If your pet requires specialized care, referrals are generally made to Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Services. Areas and conditions for which we typically refer include:
If an emergency occurs while our hospital is open, we will see your pet immediately. Our normal business hours are:
- Monday – Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday - Thursday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
If you are in need of after-hours care, please contact MVA’s 24-hour emergency hospital:
Phone: (585) 424-1277